poetry in hands

poetry in hands

Monday, March 9, 2020

I remember Allan Holdsworth

I remember Allan Holdsworth

I remember Allan Holdsworth
The guy from Thorpe Edge Estate
Who became the revered guitarist
That the world’s best musicians rate

I remember he did an album
Called ‘Igginbottoms Wrench
A musical voice from Bradford
That for some might as well be in French

I remember his swift elevation
With Nucleus and Ian Carr
In Tempest he blew with Jon Hiseman
Hazard Profile a Soft Machine star

I remember him joining Lifetime
Tony Williams and he played sublime
One of my favourite drummers
He played with most in his time

I remember I bought an album
UK was the name of the band
Bill Bruford and Allan inspired
The best prog band in the land

I remember the solo albums
Never willing to sell out
His music was always a credit
His bank balance suffered no doubt

I remember he liked a pint
 A gifted but modest man
Never content to follow
Always seeking the Secrets of Sand

Everyone comes from somewhere
But Allan was one of our own
The 4:15 Bradford Executive
Finally bringing him Home

Mike O’Leary April 2017


No comments:

Post a Comment